Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch
Generic Name: salicylic acid (sal-ih-SILL-ik AS-id)
Brand Name: Examples include Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch and Trans-ver-sal PediaPatch
Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch is used for:
Removing common warts. It may also be used for other skin conditions as determined by your doctor.
Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch is a topical salicylate. It works by causing the skin to swell, soften, and then slough or peel in areas where it is applied.
Do NOT use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch
- you have diabetes or poor blood circulation
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch:
Some medical conditions may interact with Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to aspirin or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib)
- if you have liver or kidney problems, a skin infection, or skin irritation
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, heparin, warfarin), aspirin, methotrexate, or sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide) because the risk of side effects may be increased by Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch:
Use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash the affected area and dry thoroughly. Gently smooth the wart surface with the emery file supplied.
- Peel patch from clear strip, leaving top plastic film in place. Trim patch to a size that will completely cover the wart but will not come into contact with surrounding healthy tissue.
- Apply a drop of warm water to wart using a cotton-tipped applicator, keeping surrounding skin dry.
- Apply patch at bedtime with the plastic film up, sticky bottom side to the wart. Secure patch in place with the tape provided.
- Remove patch in the morning (after at least 8 hours) and throw away. Repeat every 24 hours or as directed by your doctor.
- Wash hands after applying and removing Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch.
- If you miss a dose of Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch, skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch.
Important safety information:
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause serious and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or severe irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch as you were told by your doctor or read the package label. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch is for external use only. Avoid getting Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch in your eyes, nose, or mouth, or on the genitals. If contact with your eyes occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes. Do not inhale the vapors of Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch.
- Do not use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch longer or more often than recommended by your doctor or on the package label.
- Check with your doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body.
- Be sure to apply Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch only to the affected area and not to normal healthy skin.
- Do not use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch on skin that is irritated, infected, or reddened.
- Do not use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch on open skin wounds, moles, birthmarks, genital warts, warts on the face, or warts growing hair.
- Do not use any other medicines or drying products on your skin unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.
- Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch may interfere with certain lab test results. Make sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch.
- Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch is extremely flammable. Do not store or use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch near a fire or other open flame.
- Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch may be harmful if swallowed. If you may have taken Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch contains a salicylate, which has been linked to Reye syndrome. Do not use Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch on children or teenagers during or after chickenpox, flu, or other viral infections without checking with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Visible improvement usually occurs during the first several days of treatment. Complete removal usually occurs after 3 to 12 weeks of treatment. If your condition does not improve or if it becomes worse, check with your doctor.
- Caution is advised when using Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Use of Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch is not recommended in CHILDREN younger than 2 years of age unless following a doctor's instructions.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch during pregnancy. It is unknown if Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Dry, peeling, red, or scaling skin.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include agitation; diarrhea; dizziness; loss of appetite; loss of hearing; mental disturbances; nausea; rapid or difficult breathing; ringing in the ears; seizures; sluggishness; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.Proper storage of Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch:
Store Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch at room temperature, below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your health care provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Trans-ver-sal AdultPatch patch.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.