Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit
Generic name: Thrombin (Topical) (THROM bin, TOP i kal)
Brand name: Evithrom, Recothrom, Recothrom Spray Kit, Thrombi-Gel, Thrombi-Pad, ...show all 9 brand names.Thrombin-JMI, Thrombin-JMI Epistaxis Kit, Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit, Thrombin-JMI Syringe Spray Kit
Drug class: Miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 22, 2020.
- This medicine has rarely caused very bad bleeding or blood clots. Sometimes, these have been deadly. Talk with the doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Call your doctor right away if you have any signs of bleeding problems, like bruising; black, tarry, or bloody stools; bleeding gums; blood in the urine; coughing up blood; cuts that take a long time to stop bleeding; feel dizzy; feeling very tired or weak; nosebleeds; pain or swelling; throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds; or very bad headache.
- Call your doctor right away if you have signs of a blood clot like chest pain or pressure; coughing up blood; shortness of breath; swelling, warmth, numbness, change of color, or pain in a leg or arm; or trouble speaking or swallowing.
Uses of Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit:
- It is used to treat or prevent bleeding.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit?
- If you are allergic to Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)); any part of Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you are allergic to beef products or hamsters.
- If you have very bad bleeding.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
- This medicine is made from human plasma (part of the blood) and may have viruses that may cause disease. This medicine is screened, tested, and treated to lower the chance that it carries an infection. Talk with the doctor.
How is this medicine (Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit) best taken?
Use Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Your doctor or other healthcare provider will put on the skin.
- This medicine must not be given as a shot. It can be deadly if given as a shot. Talk with the doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of skin infection like oozing, heat, swelling, redness, or pain.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- A fast heartbeat.
What are some other side effects of Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit?
- If you need to store Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Thrombin-JMI Pump Spray Kit (thrombin (topical)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about Thrombin-JMI (thrombin topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.