Generic Name: (skin cream)
Brand Name: Tetrix
Tetrix is used for:
Relieving dry skin and the burning and itching caused by certain skin conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tetrix is a steroid-free skin cream. It works by moisturizing the skin, which helps relieve skin irritation.
Do NOT use Tetrix if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Tetrix
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Tetrix:
Some medical conditions may interact with Tetrix. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Tetrix. Because little, if any, of Tetrix is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Tetrix may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Tetrix:
Use Tetrix as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- This kit includes a steroid-free skin cream and a moisturizing cream.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Tetrix unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Tetrix, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tetrix.
Important safety information:
- Tetrix is for external use only. Avoid getting Tetrix in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 10 to 14 days, or if you notice any signs of infection, check with your doctor.
- Tetrix should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Tetrix while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Tetrix, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Tetrix:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Tetrix. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Tetrix:
Store Tetrix at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Tetrix out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Tetrix, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Tetrix is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Tetrix or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Tetrix. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Tetrix. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Tetrix.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.