Generic Name: Selenium Sulfide Foam (se LEE nee um SUL fide)
Brand Name: Tersi Foam
Medically reviewed on Sep 5, 2018
Uses of Tersi Foam:
- It is used to control seborrheic dermatitis.
- It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Tersi Foam?
- If you have an allergy to selenium sulfide or any other part of Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Tersi Foam?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you use Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam) too often, your skin problem may become worse.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not put on open sores or broken skin.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Tersi Foam) best taken?
Use Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Shake well before use.
- Take off jewelry before use.
- Do not take Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Put on affected part and rub gently.
- Leave on the skin for as long as the doctor told you to, then wash off.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Irritation where Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam) is used.
What are some other side effects of Tersi Foam?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Tersi Foam?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Protect from heat.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from heat and sunlight. Do not puncture or burn even if it seems empty.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide foam), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide topical)
- Tersi Foam Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents