Generic Name: selenium (se-LEE-nee-um)
Brand Name: Tersi Foam
Tersi Foam is used for:
Treating scalp and skin conditions such as seborrhea or tinea versicolor (a fungal infection). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tersi Foam is a antiseborrheic and antifungal combination. It decreases skin cell growth associated with flaking and itching. It also kills sensitive fungi.
Do NOT use Tersi Foam if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Tersi Foam
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Tersi Foam:
Some medical conditions may interact with Tersi Foam. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have broken, irritated, inflamed, or oozing skin at the application site
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Tersi Foam. Because little, if any, of Tersi Foam is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Tersi Foam may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Tersi Foam:
Use Tersi Foam as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Remove jewelry before using Tersi Foam.
- Shake well before each use.
- Turn the container upside down to dispense medicine. Apply enough medicine to cover the affected area as directed by your doctor. Rub the medicine in until it is completely absorbed. Wash your hands immediately after using Tersi Foam.
- If you miss a dose of Tersi Foam, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tersi Foam.
Important safety information:
- Tersi Foam is for external use only. Do not get Tersi Foam in your eyes, nose, mouth, or in the genital area. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- If your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Do not use more often or for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor. If you use topical products too often, some conditions may become worse.
- Do not use Tersi Foam for another skin condition at a later time.
- Do not use Tersi Foam on broken, blistered, or inflamed skin.
- Tersi Foam may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Tersi Foam should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Tersi Foam while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Tersi Foam, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Tersi Foam:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Temporary mild stinging, burning, itching, or irritation of the skin.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe redness, stinging, burning, or irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Tersi Foam may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Tersi Foam:
Store Tersi Foam at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not puncture, break, or burn the canister even if it appears to be empty. Keep Tersi Foam out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Tersi Foam, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Tersi Foam is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Tersi Foam or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Tersi Foam. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Tersi Foam. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Tersi Foam.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Tersi Foam (selenium sulfide topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents