Tears Again Night & Day
Generic Name: Carboxymethylcellulose (kar boks ee meth il SEL yoo lose)
Brand Name: Biolle Gel Tears, Biolle Tears, GenTeal, Lubricating Plus Eye Drops, Refresh Celluvisc, ...show all 17 brand names.Refresh Liquigel, Refresh Optive Advanced, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Refresh Optive Sensitive, Refresh Optive, Refresh Plus, Refresh Tears, Sterile Lubricant, Tears Again Night & Day, Theratears PF, Theratears, Ultra Fresh
Uses of Tears Again Night & Day:
- It is used to treat dry eyes.
- It is used to treat eye irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Tears Again Night & Day?
- If you have an allergy to Tears Again Night & Day (carboxymethylcellulose) or any part of this medicine.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Tears Again Night & Day with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Tears Again Night & Day?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take Tears Again Night & Day by mouth. If this medicine is put in the mouth or swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Tears Again Night & Day while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Tears Again Night & Day) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the eye only.
- Some of these products are not for use if you are wearing contact lenses. Be sure you know if you need to avoid wearing contact lenses while using this product.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Put the cap back on after you are done using your dose.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- After use, keep your eyes closed. Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your eye.
- Some of these drugs need to be shaken before use. Be sure you know if this product needs to be shaken before using it.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
- Throw away any part left over after the dose is given.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Tears Again Night & Day on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Tears Again Night & Day?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Tears Again Night & Day?
- Store at room temperature.
- Be sure you know how long you can store Tears Again Night & Day before you need to throw it away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Store in pouch until ready for use.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Tears Again Night & Day or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Tears Again Night & Day (carboxymethylcellulose). This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: February 7, 2018
More about Tears Again Night & Day (ocular lubricant ophthalmic)
- Side Effects
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: ophthalmic lubricants and irrigations