Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child
Generic Name: Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine Solution and Syrup (deks troe meth OR fan & fen il EF rin)
Brand Name: Albatussin Pediatric, Pedia Care Multi-Symptom Cold, PediaCare Children’s Multi-Symptom, Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child, Triacting Day Time Cold/Cough, ...show all 6 brand names.Vicks Formula 44 D Cough
Uses of Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child:
- It is used to treat nose stuffiness.
- It is used to relieve coughing.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child?
- If you have an allergy to dextromethorphan, phenylephrine, or any other part of Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child (dextromethorphan and phenylephrine solution and syrup).
- If you have taken certain drugs used for low mood (depression) like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine or drugs used for Parkinson's disease like selegiline or rasagiline in the last 14 days. Taking this medicine within 14 days of those drugs can cause very bad high blood pressure.
- If you have a cough with a lot of mucous.
- If you have a long-term cough caused by smoking or being around smoke, or lung problems like asthma or emphysema.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take more than what your doctor told you to take. Taking more than you are told may raise your chance of very bad side effects.
- Do not take this medicine for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Do not give Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child to a child younger than 4 years of age.
- If you are on a low-sodium or sodium-free diet, talk with your doctor. Some of these products have sodium.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child) best taken?
Use Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
What are some other side effects of Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child?
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Not able to sleep.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child (dextromethorphan and phenylephrine solution and syrup) or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Sudafed PE Cold & Cough Child. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about Sudafed PE Children's Cold & Cough (dextromethorphan / phenylephrine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations