Strovite Forte SyrupPronunciation
Generic Name: multivitamins with minerals/folic acid/iron (muhl-tee-VYE-ta-mins/MIN-er-als/FOE-lik AS-id/EYE-urn)
Brand Name: Examples include Vitafol and Strovite Forte Syrup
Accidental overdose of products that contain iron is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years old. Keep this and all medicines out of the reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Strovite Forte Syrup is used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins, folic acid, iron, and minerals in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Strovite Forte Syrup is a vitamin, folic acid, iron, and mineral supplement. It works by producing extra vitamins, folic acid, iron, and minerals to the body when you need more than what you get in your diet.
Do NOT use Strovite Forte Syrup if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Strovite Forte Syrup
- you have hemochromatosis (a disorder of iron metabolism)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Strovite Forte Syrup:
Some medical conditions may interact with Strovite Forte Syrup. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have bowel problems (eg, colitis, Crohn disease, diverticulitis), certain blood disorders (eg, hemolytic or pernicious anemia, porphyria cutanea tarda, thalassemia), or a peptic ulcer
- if you have had multiple blood transfusions
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Strovite Forte Syrup. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Acitretin because some of these products contain vitamin A, which may increase the risk of acitretin's side effects. If you are taking acitretin, ask your pharmacist if your product contains vitamin A
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or fluorouracil because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Strovite Forte Syrup
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), levodopa, mycophenolate, or penicillamine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Strovite Forte Syrup
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Strovite Forte Syrup may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Strovite Forte Syrup:
Use Strovite Forte Syrup as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Strovite Forte Syrup by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Strovite Forte Syrup with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Do not take an antacid within 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Strovite Forte Syrup.
- Avoid taking Strovite Forte Syrup with dairy products; they may interfere with the absorption of the iron in Strovite Forte Syrup.
- Many medicines (eg, used for infection, high blood pressure, low blood platelet levels, osteoporosis, thyroid problems) should not be taken at the same time as Strovite Forte Syrup; their effectiveness may be decreased. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if your dose of Strovite Forte Syrup should be separated from your dose of any of your other medicines.
- If you miss a dose of Strovite Forte Syrup, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Strovite Forte Syrup.
Important safety information:
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) while you use Strovite Forte Syrup unless your doctor tells you to.
- Strovite Forte Syrup may discolor the stools. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Strovite Forte Syrup has iron in it. Iron overdose is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years old. In case of an overdose, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Strovite Forte Syrup before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Strovite Forte Syrup has pyridoxine (vitamin B6), iron, and folic acid in it. Before you start any medicine, check the label to see if it has pyridoxine (vitamin B6), iron, or folic acid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Strovite Forte Syrup while you are pregnant. Strovite Forte Syrup is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Strovite Forte Syrup, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Strovite Forte Syrup:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; dark or discolored stools; diarrhea; nausea; stomach upset; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood or streaks of blood in the stools; persistent nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; stomach pain or cramping.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org ), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include black, tarry stools; chest pain; lack of feeling alert; loss of balance; seizure; severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain; shortness of breath; sluggishness; trouble breathing; unusual tiredness or weakness; unusually pale skin; weak pulse.Proper storage of Strovite Forte Syrup:
Store Strovite Forte Syrup at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Strovite Forte Syrup out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Strovite Forte Syrup, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Strovite Forte Syrup is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Strovite Forte Syrup or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Strovite Forte Syrup. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Strovite Forte Syrup. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Strovite Forte Syrup.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about multivitamin with minerals
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 19 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- B-complex/vitamin c/folic acid/iron/minerals
- Calcium carbonate/magnesium
- Calcium carbonate/vitamin d/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/folic acid chewable wafers
- Calcium/folic acid/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/vitamin d
- Calcium/magnesium/vitamin d
- More... (20)