Stop Lice Step 2
Generic Name: Nit Remover Kit (NIT ree MOO ver KIT)
Brand Name: GNP Lice Egg Remover, Lice Egg Remover, LiceMD, LiceOut, Lycelle, ...show all 8 brand names.Medi-Lice Combing, RA Lice Egg Remove, Stop Lice Step 2
Uses of Stop Lice Step 2:
- It is used to treat head lice.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Stop Lice Step 2?
- If you have an allergy to Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) or any part of Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Stop Lice Step 2?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Wash all bedding, towels, and recently worn clothes in hot water or have them dry cleaned.
- Vacuum rugs and carpets. Throw away vacuum cleaner bags after use.
- Do not give to a child younger than 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Stop Lice Step 2) best taken?
Use Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) by mouth. Use on your scalp and hair only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Cover eyes and face with a towel.
- Rub into dry hair and scalp all the way.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, rinse fully with warm water and soap or shampoo.
- Dry with a towel.
- Use special nit comb or tweezers to get rid of dead nits (lice eggs) from hair.
- Read the package insert for more details.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Most of the time, only one dose of Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) is needed. If you forget to put on the dose, put it on as soon as you think about it.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Stop Lice Step 2?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Scalp irritation.
- Skin irritation.
- Tingling of the scalp.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Stop Lice Step 2?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit) or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit). It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit). This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Stop Lice Step 2 (nit remover kit).
Review Date: March 7, 2018