Generic Name: Benzocaine and Menthol Pads and Swabs (BEN zoe kane & MEN thole)
Brand Name: Sting-Kill
Uses of Sting-Kill:
- It is used to relieve itching and pain from insect bites or skin irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Sting-Kill?
- If you have an allergy to Sting-Kill (benzocaine and menthol pads and swabs) or any part of this medicine.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Sting-Kill with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sting-Kill?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if chewed or swallowed. If Sting-Kill has been put in the mouth, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Use with care in a child younger than 2 years of age. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Sting-Kill) best taken?
Use Sting-Kill as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Put on the affected part as you have been told.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Sting-Kill on a regular basis, put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Sting-Kill?
- Skin irritation.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Sting-Kill?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Sting-Kill, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Sting-Kill. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Sting-Kill (benzocaine and menthol pads and swabs).
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about benzocaine/menthol topical
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
- Benzocaine and Menthol Aerosol
- Benzocaine and Menthol Pads and Swabs
- Benzocaine and Menthol Strips
- Benzocaine and Menthol Topical Liquid
- Benzocaine/Menthol Lozenges