Generic Name: Sildenafil Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg (sil DEN a fil)
Brand Name: Viagra
Uses of Sildenafil Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg:
- It is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED).
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Sildenafil Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg?
- If you have an allergy to sildenafil or any other part of sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you use drugs called "poppers" like amyl nitrite and butyl nitrite.
- If you are taking any of these drugs: Isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin, riociguat, or ritonavir.
- If you are taking another drug that has the same drug in it.
- If you are taking or will be taking another drug like this one.
- If you have been told that you are not healthy enough to have sex.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sildenafil Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down. Be careful going up and down stairs.
- Do not take this medicine with other drugs used to treat a change in sex ability.
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol.
- Very bad and sometimes deadly side effects like a heartbeat that does not feel normal, heart attack, stroke, and very bad high blood pressure have happened with sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg. Talk with the doctor.
- A very bad eye problem has rarely happened with this medicine. This may lead to a change in eyesight and sometimes loss of eyesight, which may not come back. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine does not stop the spread of diseases like HIV or hepatitis that are passed through blood or having sex. Do not have any kind of sex without using a latex or polyurethane condom. Do not share needles or other things like toothbrushes or razors. Talk with your doctor.
- If you are 65 or older, use sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg with care. You could have more side effects.
- This medicine is not approved for use in children. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine is not approved for use in women.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Sildenafil Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg) best taken?
Use sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- Take this medicine before sex when you were told by your doctor. If you are not sure when to take sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, talk with your doctor.
- Do not use more than what your doctor told you to use. Do not use more often or longer than what you were told. Doing any of these things may raise the chance of very bad side effects.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- This medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
- Do not take 2 doses on the same day.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Very bad headache.
- Coughing up blood.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
- Change in eyesight.
- Loss of eyesight.
- Change in hearing.
- Ringing in ears.
- Memory problems or loss.
- Shortness of breath.
- Swelling in hands or feet.
- Call your doctor right away if you have a painful erection (hard penis) or an erection that lasts for longer than 4 hours. This may happen even when you are not having sex. If this is not treated right away, it may lead to lasting sex problems and you may not be able to have sex.
What are some other side effects of Sildenafil Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Belly pain or heartburn.
- Upset stomach.
- Stuffy nose.
- Runny nose.
- Muscle pain.
- Back pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Sildenafil Tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to sildenafil tablets 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about sildenafil
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 257 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: agents for pulmonary hypertension
- Sildenafil injection
- Sildenafil Injection (PAH)
- Sildenafil Tablets (PAH)
- Sildenafil Oral Suspension
- ... +2 more