Uses of Sclerosol Intrapleural:
- It is used to stop fluid buildup in the lung cavity.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Sclerosol Intrapleural?
- If you have an allergy to talc or any other part of Sclerosol Intrapleural (talc (sterile)).
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. Some brands of this medicine are not for use during pregnancy.
- If you are breast-feeding. You must not breast-feed for some time after taking some brands of Sclerosol Intrapleural and for some time after your dose. Talk with your doctor to see if you need to avoid breast-feeding after your dose.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sclerosol Intrapleural?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Sclerosol Intrapleural. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Some brands of this medicine contain lead. Too much lead may cause nervous system problems, high blood pressure, anemia, and kidney problems. Talk with the doctor.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Products that contain lead may affect sperm in men. This may affect being able to father a child. Talk with your doctor.
- You may need to use birth control to prevent pregnancy for some time after your dose. Talk with your doctor to see if you need to use birth control after your dose.
- Some brands of Sclerosol Intrapleural contain lead. Products that have lead may cause harm to the unborn baby or loss of the unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
How is this medicine (Sclerosol Intrapleural) best taken?
- It is given into the lung cavity.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Very bad and sometimes deadly lung problems have happened with Sclerosol Intrapleural. Call your doctor right away if you have lung or breathing problems like trouble breathing, shortness of breath, or a cough that is new or worse.
What are some other side effects of Sclerosol Intrapleural?
- Irritation where this medicine is used.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Sclerosol Intrapleural?
- If you need to store Sclerosol Intrapleural at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Sclerosol Intrapleural or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Sclerosol Intrapleural (talc (sterile)). This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about Sclerosol (sterile talc)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous uncategorized agents
Other brands: Steritalc