Salvax Duo Plus foam
Generic Name: urea/lactic acid (SAL-i-SIL-ik AS-id/ue-REE-a/LAK-tik AS-id)
Brand Name: Salvax Duo Plus
Salvax Duo Plus foam is used for:
Treating dry, rough, scaly skin caused by certain conditions (eg, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, corns, calluses). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Salvax Duo Plus foam is a keratolytic. It works by helping to loosen and shed hard, scaly skin.
Do NOT use Salvax Duo Plus foam if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Salvax Duo Plus foam
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Salvax Duo Plus foam:
Some medical conditions may interact with Salvax Duo Plus foam. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to aspirin or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib)
- if the affected skin area is damaged or severely irritated
- if you have liver or kidney problems, diabetes, or you are dehydrated
- if the patient is a child or teenager with a viral illness (eg, flu, chickenpox)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Salvax Duo Plus foam. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Ammonium sulfate because it may increase the risk of Salvax Duo Plus foam's side effects
- Corticosteroids (eg, prednisone) because they may decrease Salvax Duo Plus foam's effectiveness
- Anticoagulants (eg, heparin, warfarin), aspirin, methotrexate, or sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Salvax Duo Plus foam
- Phenylbutazone, probenecid, pyrazinamide, or sulfinpyrazone because their effectiveness may be decreased by Salvax Duo Plus foam
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Salvax Duo Plus foam may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Salvax Duo Plus foam:
Use Salvax Duo Plus foam as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash your hands immediately before and after using Salvax Duo Plus foam unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply both medicines in this kit to the affected skin as directed by your doctor. Rub in gently until the medicine is completely absorbed.
- If you miss a dose of Salvax Duo Plus foam and you are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Salvax Duo Plus foam.
Important safety information:
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause serious and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or severe irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use Salvax Duo Plus foam as you were told by your doctor or read the package label. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Salvax Duo Plus foam is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your lips. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor. Overuse of topical products may worsen your condition.
- Check with your doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body.
- Be sure to apply Salvax Duo Plus foam only to the affected area and not to normal, healthy skin.
- Do not use Salvax Duo Plus foam on skin that is irritated, infected, or reddened. Do not use it on open skin wounds, moles, birthmarks, genital warts, warts on the face, or warts growing hair.
- The salicylic acid foam in this kit is extremely flammable. Do not store or use Salvax Duo Plus foam near a fire or open flame.
- Salvax Duo Plus foam may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Salvax Duo Plus foam contains a salicylate, which has been linked to Reye syndrome. Do not use Salvax Duo Plus foam on children or teenagers during or after chickenpox, flu, or other viral infections without checking with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not use Salvax Duo Plus foam for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Salvax Duo Plus foam may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Salvax Duo Plus foam.
- Salvax Duo Plus foam should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Salvax Duo Plus foam while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. Do not breast-feed while using Salvax Duo Plus foam.
Possible side effects of Salvax Duo Plus foam:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild, temporary burning, itching, irritation, or stinging of the skin.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); redness; severe or persistent burning, stinging, peeling, or irritation of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include diarrhea; dizziness; loss of hearing or ringing in the ears; mental or mood changes; nausea; rapid breathing; sluggishness; vomiting.Proper storage of Salvax Duo Plus foam:
Store Salvax Duo Plus foam at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not puncture, break, or burn the canister, even if it appears to be empty. Keep Salvax Duo Plus foam out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Salvax Duo Plus foam, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Salvax Duo Plus foam is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Salvax Duo Plus foam or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Salvax Duo Plus foam. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Salvax Duo Plus foam. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your health care provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Salvax Duo Plus foam.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Salvax Duo Plus (salicylic acid / urea topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical emollients