Rosula CLK kit
Generic Name: sulfacetamide sodium/sulfur in urea with sunscreen (SOE-dee-um SUL-fa-SET-a-mide/SUL-fur in ue-REE-a)
Brand Name: Rosula CLK
Rosula CLK kit is used for:
Treating certain skin conditions (eg, acne vulgaris, acne rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Rosula CLK kit is a kit containing a sulfonamide antibiotic/keratolytic combination along with sunscreen. The wash works by killing sensitive bacteria on the skin. It also helps to loosen and shed hard, scaly skin. The sunscreen helps to prevent sunburn.
Do NOT use Rosula CLK kit if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Rosula CLK kit, to sulfur, or to sulfonamides (eg, sulfamethoxazole)
- you have kidney problems
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Rosula CLK kit:
Some medical conditions may interact with Rosula CLK kit. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have eczema
- if the skin at the application site is scraped, cut, or damaged.
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Rosula CLK kit. Because little, if any, of Rosula CLK kit is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Rosula CLK kit may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Rosula CLK kit:
Use Rosula CLK kit as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wet the skin and apply a generous amount of the wash to the affected area. Gently massage it into the skin for 10 to 20 seconds, working into a full lather. Rinse the skin well, and pat dry.
- Wash your hands immediately after using the medicine, unless your hands are part of the affected area.
- If your skin becomes dry, you may need to wash the medicine off a little sooner or use it less often.
- To use the sunscreen, apply a generous amount to areas that will be exposed to the sun. Reapply as needed, including after drying with a towel, swimming, and sweating.
- Use the wash on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Continue to use it even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of the wash, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Rosula CLK kit.
Important safety information:
- Rosula CLK kit is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes or on the inside of your nose or mouth. If you get Rosula CLK kit in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Do not apply Rosula CLK kit over large areas of the body or to open wounds or scraped, infected, or burned skin without first checking with your doctor.
- Do not use Rosula CLK kit for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Rosula CLK kit may be harmful if swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Rosula CLK kit should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Rosula CLK kit can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Rosula CLK kit while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Rosula CLK kit, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Rosula CLK kit:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild redness or peeling; minor skin irritation
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); fever, chills, or sore throat; purple or brownish spots on the skin; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe or persistent skin irritation; unusual tiredness or weakness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Store Rosula CLK kit at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat and light. Keep Rosula CLK kit out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Rosula CLK kit, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Rosula CLK kit is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Rosula CLK kit or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Rosula CLK kit. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Rosula CLK kit. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Rosula CLK kit.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Rosula CLK (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur / urea topical)
- Other brands: Sulfatol Cleanser