The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
ReVital Squeezers solution
Generic Name: electrolyte (e-LECK-troe-lite)
Brand Name: ReVital Squeezers
ReVital Squeezers solution is used for:
Treating or preventing dehydration caused by vomiting or diarrhea. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
ReVital Squeezers solution is a carbohydrate and electrolyte combination. It works by replacing electrolytes and carbohydrates in the body to prevent dehydration.
Do NOT use ReVital Squeezers solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in ReVital Squeezers solution
- you have high blood potassium levels
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using ReVital Squeezers solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with ReVital Squeezers solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart failure, fluid retention (eg, swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet), intestinal holes or punctures, difficulty urinating, kidney problems, or unexplained rectal bleeding
- if you have severe or persistent vomiting, severe diarrhea, or if you are dehydrated
- if you are unable to properly absorb glucose from food
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with ReVital Squeezers solution. However, no specific interactions with ReVital Squeezers solution are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if ReVital Squeezers solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use ReVital Squeezers solution:
Use ReVital Squeezers solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take ReVital Squeezers solution by mouth with or without food.
- Do not mix ReVital Squeezers solution with water or any other liquid.
- Do not heat ReVital Squeezers solution.
- Hold the container gently when cutting the cap off of the attached straw. Holding the container tightly may cause the liquid to spray out.
- Each container of ReVital Squeezers solution is intended for a single use. Discard the container and any unused portion of medicine immediately after the first use.
- Do not reuse the container.
- If you miss a dose of ReVital Squeezers solution, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use ReVital Squeezers solution.
Important safety information:
- If vomiting, fever, or stomach pain or bloating occurs, or diarrhea continues for longer than 24 hours, check with your doctor.
- Do not use ReVital Squeezers solution in CHILDREN younger than 1 year old without first checking with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using ReVital Squeezers solution while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use ReVital Squeezers solution, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of ReVital Squeezers solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of ReVital Squeezers solution:
Store ReVital Squeezers solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep ReVital Squeezers solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about ReVital Squeezers solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- ReVital Squeezers solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take ReVital Squeezers solution or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about ReVital Squeezers solution. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to ReVital Squeezers solution. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using ReVital Squeezers solution.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.