ReVital jell cups
Generic Name: electrolyte (e-LECK-troe-lite)
Brand Name: ReVital Jell Cups
ReVital jell cups are used for:
Treating or preventing dehydration caused by vomiting or diarrhea. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
ReVital jell cups are a carbohydrate and electrolyte combination. It works by replacing electrolytes and carbohydrates in the body to prevent dehydration.
Do NOT use ReVital jell cups if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in ReVital jell cups
- you have high blood potassium levels
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using ReVital jell cups:
Some medical conditions may interact with ReVital jell cups. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart failure, fluid retention (eg, swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet), intestinal holes or punctures, difficulty urinating, kidney problems, or unexplained rectal bleeding
- if you have severe or persistent vomiting, severe diarrhea, or if you are dehydrated
- if you are unable to properly absorb glucose from food
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with ReVital jell cups. However, no specific interactions with ReVital jell cups are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if ReVital jell cups may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use ReVital jell cups:
Use ReVital jell cups as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take ReVital jell cups by mouth with or without food.
- Do not mix ReVital jell cups with water or any other liquid.
- Do not heat ReVital jell cups.
- After opening, refrigerate the jell cup for up to 72 hours.
- Do not reuse the container.
- If you miss a dose of ReVital jell cups, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use ReVital jell cups.
Important safety information:
- If vomiting, fever, or stomach pain or bloating occurs, or diarrhea continues for longer than 24 hours, check with your doctor.
- Do not use ReVital jell cups in CHILDREN younger than 1 year old without first checking with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using ReVital jell cups while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use ReVital jell cups, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of ReVital jell cups:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of ReVital jell cups:
Before opening, store ReVital jell cups at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. After opening, store ReVital jell cups in the refrigerator, between 36 and 46 degrees F (2 and 8 degrees C). Do not freeze. Throw away any unused medicine after 72 hours. Keep ReVital jell cups out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about ReVital jell cups, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- ReVital jell cups are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take ReVital jell cups or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about ReVital jell cups. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to ReVital jell cups. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using ReVital jell cups.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about ReVital (electrolyte replacement solutions)
- Side Effects
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes