Generic Name: dimethicone (dye-METH-i-kone)
Brand Name: Restore
Restore liquid is used for:
Temporarily protecting and relieving minor skin irritations (eg, chapped or cracked skin). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
This product is an emollient. It works by moisturizing the skin.
Do NOT use Restore liquid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Restore liquid
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if this applies to you.
Before using Restore liquid:
Tell your health care provider if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Restore liquid. However, no specific interactions with Restore liquid are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Restore liquid may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Restore liquid:
Use Restore liquid as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash the affected area with mild soap and water, and gently pat dry.
- Apply Restore liquid to the affected area as directed by your doctor or on the package label. Gently rub in.
- Wash your hands right away after using Restore liquid unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Restore liquid, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Restore liquid.
Important safety information:
- Restore liquid is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Do not use Restore liquid on deep wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 7 days, if they become worse, or if they clear up and then come back, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines on the treated area.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Restore liquid while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Restore liquid, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Restore liquid:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Restore liquid. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); new or worsening skin irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Restore liquid may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Restore liquid:
Store Restore liquid between 50 and 100 degrees F (10 and 38 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Keep Restore liquid out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Restore liquid, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Restore liquid is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Restore liquid or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Restore liquid. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Restore liquid. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Restore liquid.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.