PureVit DualFe Plus
Generic name: Vitamin B Complex and Iron Combinations Tablets and Capsules (VYE ta min bee KOM pleks kom bi NAY shuns)
Brand name: Active FE, Centratex, Dialyvite 800/Iron, Ferrocite Plus, Folivane-Plus, ...show all 18 brand names.Fusion Plus, Hematinic Plus Vitamins/Minerals, Hemocyte Plus, Integra Plus, Irospan 24/6, K-Tan Plus, Nephron FA, ProtectIron, PureFe Plus, PureVit DualFe Plus, Renatabs with Iron, Se-Tan Plus, Tandem Plus
Drug class: Iron products, Vitamin and mineral combinations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 22, 2020.
- Accidental overdose of drugs that have iron in them is a leading cause of deadly poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep away from children. If this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus) is taken by accident, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Uses of PureVit DualFe Plus:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
- It is used to treat or prevent low iron in the body.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take PureVit DualFe Plus?
- If you are allergic to this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus); any part of this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you are taking levodopa.
- If you have too much iron in your body.
- If you have certain types of anemia like pernicious anemia or hemolytic anemia.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take PureVit DualFe Plus?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus).
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may prevent other drugs taken by mouth from getting into the body. If you take other drugs by mouth, you may need to take them at some other time than this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus). Talk with your doctor.
- If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with your doctor. Some products have tartrazine.
- Not all products are meant for use in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus) while you are pregnant.
How is this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus) best taken?
Use this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Some drugs may need to be taken with food or on an empty stomach. For some drugs it does not matter. Check with your pharmacist about how to take this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Stomach cramps.
What are some other side effects of PureVit DualFe Plus?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Belly pain.
- Not hungry.
- Bad taste in your mouth.
- Change in color of stool to green.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out PureVit DualFe Plus?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (PureVit DualFe Plus), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about multivitamin with iron
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 24 Reviews
- Drug class: iron products
- Patient Information
- Cyanocobalamin, Folic Acid, Iron, and Vitamin C
- Cyanocobalamin/Folic Acid/Iron
- Ferrous Fumarate, Polysaccharide Iron Complex, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B3
- Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B3
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.