Puralube Tears drops
Generic Name: lubricant (loo-BRIH-kant)
Brand Name: Examples include FreshKote and Puralube Tears
Puralube Tears drops are used for:
Temporarily relieving burning and irritation caused by dry eyes. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Puralube Tears drops are an eye lubricant. It works by coating the eye, which relieves dryness.
Do NOT use Puralube Tears drops if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Puralube Tears drops
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Puralube Tears drops:
Some medical conditions may interact with Puralube Tears drops. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Puralube Tears drops. However, no specific interactions with Puralube Tears drops are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Puralube Tears drops may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Puralube Tears drops:
Use Puralube Tears drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Puralube Tears drops are for use in the eye only. Avoid contact with your nose, mouth, or other mucous membranes.
- To use Puralube Tears drops, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
- To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including your eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- If you miss a dose of Puralube Tears drops and you are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Puralube Tears drops.
Important safety information:
- Remove contact lenses before using Puralube Tears drops.
- Do not use Puralube Tears drops if it becomes cloudy or changes color.
- Contact your doctor if you experience changes in your vision, eye pain, irritation, soreness, or continued redness or if your condition does not improve after 3 days.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Puralube Tears drops, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Puralube Tears drops during pregnancy. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Puralube Tears drops, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Puralube Tears drops:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in vision; eye irritation, pain, or redness; worsening of your condition.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Puralube Tears drops:
Store Puralube Tears drops at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Puralube Tears drops out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Puralube Tears drops, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Puralube Tears drops are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Puralube Tears drops or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Puralube Tears drops. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Puralube Tears drops. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Puralube Tears drops.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Puralube Tears (ocular lubricant ophthalmic)
- Side Effects
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: ophthalmic lubricants and irrigations