Generic Name: multivitamins with minerals liquid (MUL-ti-VYE-ta-mins/MIN-er-als)
Brand Name: Examples include Protegra and Vicon Forte
Protegra liquid is used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins and minerals in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Protegra liquid is a vitamin and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins and minerals to the body.
Do NOT use Protegra liquid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Protegra liquid
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Protegra liquid:
Some medical conditions may interact with Protegra liquid. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Protegra liquid.
Ask your health care provider if Protegra liquid may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Protegra liquid:
Use Protegra liquid as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Protegra liquid by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you miss a dose of Protegra liquid, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Protegra liquid.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use Protegra liquid unless your doctor tells you to.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Protegra liquid while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Protegra liquid, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Protegra liquid:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Protegra liquid. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include nausea; vomiting.Proper storage of Protegra liquid:
Store Protegra liquid at room temperature. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Protegra liquid out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Protegra liquid, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Protegra liquid is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Protegra liquid or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Protegra liquid. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Protegra liquid. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Protegra liquid.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about multivitamin with minerals
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 19 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- B-complex/vitamin c/folic acid/iron/minerals
- Calcium carbonate/magnesium
- Calcium carbonate/vitamin d/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/folic acid chewable wafers
- Calcium/folic acid/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/vitamin d
- Calcium/magnesium/vitamin d
- More... (20)