Generic Name: Pediatric Multivitamin Oral Strips with Fluoride (MUL ti VYE ta min with FLOR ide)
Brand Name: Poly-Vi-Flor FS
Uses of Poly-Vi-Flor FS:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- Fluoride may be in the vitamin to prevent tooth decay.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Poly-Vi-Flor FS?
- If your child has an allergy to Poly-Vi-Flor FS (pediatric multivitamin oral strips with fluoride) or any part of this medicine.
- If your child is allergic to any drugs like this one or any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If your drinking water contains enough fluoride for your child. Talk with the doctor if you are not sure.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Poly-Vi-Flor FS.
Tell the doctor and pharmacist about all of your child's drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for your child to take this medicine with all of his/her drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug your child takes without checking with the doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Poly-Vi-Flor FS?
For all patients taking Poly-Vi-Flor FS:
- Tell all of your child's health care providers that your child is taking this medicine. This includes your child's doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your child's health care providers and lab workers that your child takes Poly-Vi-Flor FS.
- Your child's dose may depend on how old your child is. Talk with the doctor if you are not sure how much of this medicine to give to your child.
- Do not give products that have calcium like dairy products within 2 hours of Poly-Vi-Flor FS.
- Do not give products that have aluminum or magnesium like some antacids within 2 hours of this medicine.
- Purified water may not have fluoride.
If your child is pregnant or breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is pregnant, becomes pregnant, or is breast-feeding a baby. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Poly-Vi-Flor FS.
How is this medicine (Poly-Vi-Flor FS) best taken?
Give this medicine as ordered by your child's doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Give Poly-Vi-Flor FS with or without food. Give with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Some drugs may need to be given with food or on an empty stomach. For some drugs, it does not matter. Check with your pharmacist about how to give this medicine to your child.
- Have your child place oral strip on his/her tongue and let melt.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Give a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your child's next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your child's normal time.
- Do not give 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your child's doctor or get medical help right away if your child has any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in look of teeth or gums.
What are some other side effects of Poly-Vi-Flor FS?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your child's doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother your child or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your child's doctor. Call your child's doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Poly-Vi-Flor FS?
- Store in the original container at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from light.
- Protect from heat.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your child's symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child's doctor.
- Do not share your child's drug with others and do not give anyone else's drug to your child.
- Keep a list of all your child's drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your child's doctor.
- Talk with your child's doctor before giving your child any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about Poly-Vi-Flor FS (pediatric multivitamin oral strips with fluoride), please talk with your child's doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Poly-Vi-Flor FS or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Poly-Vi-Flor FS. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about multivitamin with fluoride
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- Multivitamins with fluoride
- Pediatric Multivitamin Chewables with Fluoride
- Pediatric Multivitamin Drops with Fluoride
- Pediatric Multivitamin Oral Strips with Fluoride