The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Pedialyte Singles solution
Generic Name: electrolyte (e-LECK-troe-lite)
Brand Name: Pedialyte Singles
Pedialyte Singles solution is used for:
Treating or preventing dehydration caused by vomiting or diarrhea. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Pedialyte Singles solution is a carbohydrate and electrolyte combination. It works by replacing electrolytes and carbohydrates in the body to prevent dehydration.
Do NOT use Pedialyte Singles solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Pedialyte Singles solution
- you have high blood potassium levels
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Pedialyte Singles solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Pedialyte Singles solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart failure, fluid retention (eg, swelling of the hands, ankles, or feet), intestinal holes or punctures, difficulty urinating, kidney problems, or unexplained rectal bleeding
- if you have severe or persistent vomiting, severe diarrhea, or if you are dehydrated
- if you are unable to properly absorb glucose from food
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Pedialyte Singles solution. However, no specific interactions with Pedialyte Singles solution are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Pedialyte Singles solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Pedialyte Singles solution:
Use Pedialyte Singles solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Pedialyte Singles solution by mouth with or without food.
- Do not mix Pedialyte Singles solution with water or any other liquid.
- Do not heat Pedialyte Singles solution.
- Each container of Pedialyte Singles solution is intended for a single use. Discard the container and any unused portion of medicine immediately after the first use.
- Do not reuse the container.
- If you miss a dose of Pedialyte Singles solution, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Pedialyte Singles solution.
Important safety information:
- If vomiting, fever, stomach pain or bloating, or diarrhea that lasts longer than 24 hours occurs, check with your doctor.
- Some of these products contain phenylalanine. If you must have a diet that is low in phenylalanine, ask your pharmacist if it is in your product.
- Do not use Pedialyte Singles solution in CHILDREN younger than 1 year old without first checking with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Pedialyte Singles solution while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Pedialyte Singles solution, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Pedialyte Singles solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Pedialyte Singles solution:
Store Pedialyte Singles solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Pedialyte Singles solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Pedialyte Singles solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Pedialyte Singles solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Pedialyte Singles solution or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Pedialyte Singles solution. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Pedialyte Singles solution. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Pedialyte Singles solution.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.