Pediaderm TA cream
Generic Name: triamcinolone (TRYE-am-SIN-oh-lone)
Brand Name: Pediaderm TA
Pediaderm TA cream is used for:
Reducing itching, redness, and swelling associated with many skin conditions. The protective emollient helps to treat and prevent dry skin.
Pediaderm TA cream is a topical corticosteroid and emollient combination. The corticosteroid works by reducing skin inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, and irritation). The emollient moisturizes the skin.
Do NOT use Pediaderm TA cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Pediaderm TA cream
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Pediaderm TA cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Pediaderm TA cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a skin infection, thinning of the skin, adrenal gland problems, liver problems, or diabetes
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Pediaderm TA cream. Because little, if any, of Pediaderm TA cream is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Pediaderm TA cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Pediaderm TA cream:
Use Pediaderm TA cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash your hands before applying Pediaderm TA cream.
- Apply a small amount of medicine to the affected area. Gently rub it in until it is evenly distributed. Wash your hands after applying Pediaderm TA cream, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- Use the protective emollient cream as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Pediaderm TA cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Pediaderm TA cream.
Important safety information:
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you use Pediaderm TA cream before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Pediaderm TA cream is for external use only. Do not get Pediaderm TA cream in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse immediately with cool water.
- Do not use Pediaderm TA cream for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose, use for longer than prescribed, or use over a large area of the body without checking with your doctor.
- If you use topical products too often, your condition may become worse.
- If Pediaderm TA cream was prescribed to treat the diaper area of a child, avoid using tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
- Contact your doctor if you have a cut or sore that does not heal.
- Check with your doctor before you receive any vaccine while you are using Pediaderm TA cream.
- Do not use other medicines or products on your skin without first checking with your doctor.
- Pediaderm TA cream has a corticosteroid in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a corticosteroid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Serious side effects may occur if too much of Pediaderm TA cream is absorbed through the skin. This may be more likely to occur if you use Pediaderm TA cream over a large area of the body. It may also be more likely if you wrap or bandage the area after you apply Pediaderm TA cream. The risk is greater in children. Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Contact your doctor right away if you develop unusual weight gain (especially in the face), muscle weakness, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness, severe or persistent headache, or vision changes. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they use Pediaderm TA cream.
- Caution is advised when using Pediaderm TA cream in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Pediaderm TA cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Pediaderm TA cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Pediaderm TA cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Pediaderm TA cream. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; excessive hair growth; impaired wound healing; inflamed hair follicles; inflammation around the mouth; itching, burning, dryness, redness, or swelling of the skin; thinning, softening, or discoloration of the skin; symptoms of high blood sugar (eg, confusion; drowsiness; flushing; fruit-like breath odor; increased thirst, hunger, or urination; rapid breath).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Pediaderm TA cream:
Store Pediaderm TA cream at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Pediaderm TA cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Pediaderm TA cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Pediaderm TA cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Pediaderm TA cream or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Pediaderm TA cream. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Pediaderm TA cream. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your health care provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Pediaderm TA cream.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Pediaderm TA (triamcinolone topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical steroids