Niacin/ folic acid/ zinc/ copperPronunciation
Generic Name: niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper (NYE-a-sin/FOE-lik AS-id/zink/KOP-er)
Brand Name: Nicomind
Niacin/ folic acid/ zinc/ copper is used for:
Treating or preventing a lack of niacin, folic acid, zinc, or copper. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper is a vitamin and mineral combination. It works by providing vitamins and minerals to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use niacin/ folic acid/ zinc/ copper if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using niacin/ folic acid/ zinc/ copper:
Some medical conditions may interact with niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances (including soy)
- if you have anemia (eg, pernicious anemia)
- if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, diabetes, or yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use niacin/ folic acid/ zinc/ copper:
Use niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you are also taking eltrombopag or a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, minocycline), ask your doctor how you should take it with niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper.
- If you miss a dose of niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper.
Important safety information:
- Do not take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- Niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper contains niacin, folic acid, zinc, and copper. Before you start any medicine, check the label to see if it has any of these ingredients in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of niacin/ folic acid/ zinc/ copper:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper:
Store niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using niacin/folic acid/zinc/copper.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about multivitamin with minerals
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 20 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- B-complex/vitamin c/folic acid/iron/minerals
- Calcium carbonate/magnesium
- Calcium carbonate/vitamin d/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/folic acid chewable wafers
- Calcium/folic acid/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/vitamin d
- Calcium/magnesium/vitamin d
- More... (19)