Generic Name: Dimethicone (Topical Products) (dye METH i kone)
Brand Name: 2-in-1 Cleanser, 4-N-1, Aloe Vesta Skin Conditioner, Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort, Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture, ...show all 35 brand names.Aveeno Daily Moisturizing, Aveeno Intense Relief, Aveeno Skin Relief, Baza Cleanse & Protect, Boudreauxs Rash Preventor, Boudreauxs Rash Protector, Cavilon Durable Barrier, Chapstick Ultra Renewal, Cool Bottoms, Gloves in a Bottle, Johnsons Baby Cream, Johnsons Baby Intense Moisture, Little Bottoms Daily Care, Mederma PM, Moisture Barrier, Monistat Complete Care, Natural Oatmeal, NeutrapHor, NeutrapHorus Rex, Normlshield, Pacquin Plus Hand/Body, Proshield Plus Skin Protectant, Remedy Cleansing Body, Remedy Moisture Barrier, Remedy Nutrashield, Remedy Skin Repair, Restore Cleanser & Moisturizer, Restore DimethiCreme, Secura Dimethicone Protectant, Vaniply
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 8, 2020.
Uses of NeutrapHorus Rex:
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
- It is used to treat diaper rash.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take NeutrapHorus Rex?
- If you have an allergy to NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) or any part of NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take NeutrapHorus Rex?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not put on open or deep wounds, animal bites, infections, or very bad burns or cuts.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (NeutrapHorus Rex) best taken?
Use NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to take NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) as you have been told by your doctor. Do not use more than you were told to use.
- Do not take NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- If NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) gets in the eyes, rinse with cool water.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected part and rub in gently.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- Many times NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of NeutrapHorus Rex?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out NeutrapHorus Rex?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about NeutrapHorus Rex (dimethicone (topical products)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about dimethicone topical
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.