Generic Name: Phenylephrine (Nasal) (fen il EF rin)
Brand Name: 4-Way Fast Acting, 4-Way Menthol, Afrin Childrens, Nasal Four, Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus, ...show all 7 brand names.Neo-Synephrine, Rhinall
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 26, 2019.
Uses of Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus:
- It is used to treat nose stuffiness.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus?
- If you have an allergy to phenylephrine or any other part of this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus).
- If you have taken certain drugs for depression or Parkinson's disease in the last 14 days. This includes isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, selegiline, or rasagiline. Very high blood pressure may happen.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use for more than 3 days. Using this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) too often or for longer than you have been told may cause nose stuffiness to happen again or get worse.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) best taken?
Use this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the nose only.
- Blow your nose before use.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
What are some other side effects of Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus?
- Nose irritation.
- Runny nose.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Neo-Synephrine Cold & Sinus), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about phenylephrine nasal
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 26 Reviews
- Drug class: nasal antihistamines and decongestants