Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray
Generic Name: triamcinolone (TRYE-am-SIN-oh-lone)
Brand Name: Examples include Nasacort Allergy 24HR and Nasacort AQ
Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray is used for:
Treating nasal allergy symptoms. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray is a topical adrenocortical steroid. It works by reducing inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, irritation) in the nasal passages.
Do NOT use Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if this applies to you.
Before using Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray:
Some medical conditions may interact with Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have any kind of nasal sores or injury, or have had nasal surgery
- if you have had a recent vaccination; you have measles, tuberculosis, chickenpox, or shingles; or you have had a positive tuberculosis test
- if you have an untreated viral, fungal, or bacterial infection; or you have a herpes eye infection
- if you have asthma
- if you have a history of glaucoma, increased eye pressure, or cataracts
- if you are taking prednisone or similar medicines
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray. Because little, if any, of Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray:
Use Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Shake well before each use.
- Remove the cover and clip from the spray pump before use. Do not try to make the hole at the end of the spray tip bigger.
- Before the first use, prime the spray pump by rapidly and firmly pumping it 5 times (until a full spray appears).
- If you have not used the spray pump for more than 14 days, reprime it by shaking the bottle and pumping it once. Do not reprime the pump if you have used it more frequently.
- To use a nose spray, gently blow your nose. Sit down and tilt your head back slightly. Place the tip of the spray container into the nose. Using a finger from your other hand, press against the opposite nostril to close it off. Breathe gently through the open nostril and squeeze the spray container. If you are using more than 1 spray, wait for 1 to 2 minutes between sprays. After using the medicine, rinse the tip of the spray unit in hot water and dry with a clean tissue to prevent contamination.
- Replace the cover and clip to the container after each use.
- Do not blow your nose for 15 minutes after using Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray.
- If the pump becomes clogged, do not try to unclog it with a pin or sharp object. This will destroy the pump. Remove the cap and spray nozzle from the bottle. Soak the cap and spray nozzle in warm water for a few minutes, then rinse under cold water. Shake or tap off excess water and allow to air dry. Place the nozzle back on the pump, reprime until a fine mist is seen, and then use as normal.
- Use Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Using Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray at the same time each day will help you remember to use it.
- If you miss a dose of Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray.
Important safety information:
- Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray is for nasal use only. Do not get Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray in your eyes or mouth. If contact is made with the eyes, flush them immediately with tap water. Do not spray Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray directly on the wall that separates your nostrils.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Ask your pharmacist or check the packaging to see how many sprays this bottle contains. Do not use this bottle for more sprays than indicated because the amount of medicine in each spray may be decreased. Throw away any unused medicine. Do not transfer unused medicine to another bottle. Do not puncture, break, or burn the container, even if it appears empty.
- If your symptoms do not get better after 1 week or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine while you are using Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray.
- If you have not had chickenpox, shingles, or measles, avoid contact with anyone who does.
- Use caution if you switch from an oral steroid (eg, prednisone) to Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray. It may take several months for your body to make enough natural steroids to handle events that cause physical stress. Such events may include injury, surgery, infection, loss of blood electrolytes, or a sudden asthma attack. These may be severe and sometimes fatal. Contact your doctor right away if any of these events occur. You may need to take an oral steroid (eg, prednisone) again. Carry a card at all times that says you may need an oral steroid (eg, prednisone) if any of these events occur.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they take Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray.
- Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Cough; headache; nosebleed; sore throat.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); change in vision; nasal discomfort; severe or persistent nosebleeds; symptoms of infection (eg, fever, chills, persistent sore throat); unusual or persistent stomach upset; unusual tiredness or weakness; whistling sound from your nose when you breathe; white patches in the mouth.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray:
Store Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Nasacort Allergy 24HR spray.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Nasacort Allergy 24HR (triamcinolone nasal)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- 7 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: nasal steroids