NanoVM 4-8 Years
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 28, 2021.
- Accidental overdose of drugs that have iron in them is a leading cause of deadly poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep away from children. If this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years) is taken by accident, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Uses of NanoVM 4-8 Years:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take NanoVM 4-8 Years?
- If your child is allergic to this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years); any part of this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had.
- If your child has too much iron in the body.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years).
Tell the doctor and pharmacist about all of your child's drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for your child to take this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years) with all of his/her drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug your child takes without checking with the doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take NanoVM 4-8 Years?
For all patients taking this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years):
- Tell all of your child's health care providers that your child is taking this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years). This includes your child's doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your child's health care providers and lab workers that your child takes this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years).
- Your child's dose may depend on how old your child is. Talk with the doctor if you are not sure how much of this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years) to give to your child.
If your child is pregnant or breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is pregnant, becomes pregnant, or is breast-feeding a baby. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to your child and the baby.
How is this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years) best taken?
Give this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years) as ordered by your child's doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Give this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years) with or without food. Give with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Some drugs may need to be given with food or on an empty stomach. For some drugs, it does not matter. Check with your pharmacist about how to give this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years) to your child.
- Turn upside down a few times to mix the drug before use.
- Mix powder into moist foods or thickened liquids as you have been told.
- Swallow the mixture right away. Do not store for use at a later time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Give a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your child's next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your child's normal time.
- Do not give 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your child's doctor or get medical help right away if your child has any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Stomach cramps.
What are some other side effects of NanoVM 4-8 Years?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your child's doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother your child or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Change in color of stool to green.
- Belly pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your child's doctor. Call your child's doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out NanoVM 4-8 Years?
- Store in the original container at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from heat and light.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- After opening, throw away any part not used after 60 days.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your child's symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child's doctor.
- Do not share your child's drug with others and do not give anyone else's drug to your child.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years), please talk with your child's doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (NanoVM 4-8 Years), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about multivitamin with iron
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 24 Reviews
- Drug class: iron products
- Drug Information
- Cyanocobalamin, Folic Acid, Iron, and Vitamin C
- Cyanocobalamin/Folic Acid/Iron
- Ferrous Fumarate, Polysaccharide Iron Complex, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B3
- Iron, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B3
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.