The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Muro 128 ointment
Generic Name: sodium chloride (SOE-dee-um KLOR-ide)
Brand Name: Muro 128
Muro 128 ointment is used for:
Temporarily treating swelling of the cornea of the eye.
Muro 128 ointment is a hypertonic salt solution. It works by drawing water out of the cornea, decreasing swelling.
Do NOT use Muro 128 ointment if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Muro 128 ointment
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Muro 128 ointment:
Some medical conditions may interact with Muro 128 ointment. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Muro 128 ointment. However, no specific interactions with Muro 128 ointment are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Muro 128 ointment may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Muro 128 ointment:
Use Muro 128 ointment as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- To use Muro 128 ointment in the eye, first, wash your hands. Pull the lower eyelid away from your eye to form a pouch. Squeeze a thin strip of ointment into the pouch. After using the medicine, gently close your eyes for 1 to 2 minutes. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them. Wipe the applicator tip with a clean, dry tissue. To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including the eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not use Muro 128 ointment if it changes color or is cloudy.
- If you miss a dose of Muro 128 ointment, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Muro 128 ointment.
Important safety information:
- Muro 128 ointment may cause temporary blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous unless you can see clearly.
- Muro 128 ointment may be harmful if swallowed. If you may have taken Muro 128 ointment by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you plan on becoming pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Muro 128 ointment during pregnancy. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Muro 128 ointment, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Muro 128 ointment:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild burning or irritation.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in vision; continued redness, burning, or irritation; eye pain; feeling that something is in the eye.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Muro 128 ointment:
Store Muro 128 ointment at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Muro 128 ointment out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Muro 128 ointment, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Muro 128 ointment is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Muro 128 ointment or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Muro 128 ointment. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Muro 128 ointment. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Muro 128 ointment.