Mucosal Coating Rinse (Liquid)
Generic Name: Mucosal Coating Rinse (Liquid) (myoo KOH sul KOH ting)
Brand Name: MuGard
Uses of Mucosal Coating Rinse:
- It is used to treat mouth sores.
- It is used to treat mouth irritation.
- It is used to treat canker sores.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Mucosal Coating Rinse?
- If you are allergic to mucosal coating rinse (liquid); any part of mucosal coating rinse (liquid); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take mucosal coating rinse (liquid) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Mucosal Coating Rinse?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take mucosal coating rinse (liquid). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use mucosal coating rinse (liquid) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using mucosal coating rinse (liquid) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Mucosal Coating Rinse) best taken?
Use mucosal coating rinse (liquid) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not eat or drink for at least 1 hour after using.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with mucosal coating rinse (liquid). If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure mucosal coating rinse (liquid).
- Do not add water or other liquid to water down.
- Rinse 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls (5 to 10 mL) in mouth for at least 1 minute, then spit out or swallow.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use mucosal coating rinse (liquid) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times mucosal coating rinse (liquid) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
What are some other side effects of Mucosal Coating Rinse?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Mucosal Coating Rinse?
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Protect from heat and sunlight.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Do not use if mucosal coating rinse (liquid) is out of date.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about mucosal coating rinse (liquid), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.