LidaMantle HC lotion
Generic Name: lidocaine/hydrocortisone (LYE-doe-kane/hye-droe-KOR-ti-sone)
Brand Name: LidaMantle HC
LidaMantle HC lotion is used for:
Treating pain, itching, soreness, and discomfort of the skin or mucous membranes due to certain conditions such as eczema, scratches, minor burns, insect bites, and hemorrhoids.
LidaMantle HC lotion is an anti-inflammatory and topical anesthetic combination. It works by preventing nerves from transmitting painful impulses to the brain and decreasing inflammation around the affected area.
Do NOT use LidaMantle HC lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in LidaMantle HC lotion or to similar medicines (eg, amide-type local anesthetics)
- you have a tuberculous or fungal infection of the skin, chickenpox, a herpes simplex skin infection, or a skin infection following smallpox vaccination
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using LidaMantle HC lotion:
Some medical conditions may interact with LidaMantle HC lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to any anesthetic medicine
- you have measles, a skin infection or other skin problems, or any recent vaccinations, or if you have ever had a positive tuberculin skin test
- you have heart, liver, or kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with LidaMantle HC lotion. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, or fluconazole because the effectiveness of LidaMantle HC lotion may be increased
- Amiodarone, aprepitant, beta-blockers (eg, atenolol), cimetidine, clarithromycin, estrogens (eg, ethinyl estradiol), mexiletine, oral contraceptives (eg, ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone), or rifampin because side effects, such as sluggishness, confusion, slow breathing, low blood pressure, and slow heartbeat, may occur
- Live vaccines or ritodrine because the actions and side effects of these medicines may be increased
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or mifepristone because the effectiveness of these medicines may be decreased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if LidaMantle HC lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use LidaMantle HC lotion:
Use LidaMantle HC lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- LidaMantle HC lotion is for external use only. Do not get LidaMantle HC lotion in your eyes.
- Apply a small amount of LidaMantle HC lotion to the affected area. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed. Wash your hands after using LidaMantle HC lotion, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of LidaMantle HC lotion and you are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use LidaMantle HC lotion.
Important safety information:
- Overuse of topical products may worsen your condition.
- LidaMantle HC lotion contains a corticosteroid. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it also contains hydrocortisone or any other corticosteroid. If it does or if you are uncertain, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using LidaMantle HC lotion.
- LidaMantle HC lotion may cause a numbing effect at the application site. Do not scratch, rub, or expose the area to extreme hot or cold temperature until the numbness is gone.
- Use caution when applying LidaMantle HC lotion over large areas.
- Do not use more medicine, apply more often, or use for longer than prescribed. Your condition will not improve faster, but the risk of side effects may be increased.
- Caution is advised when using LidaMantle HC lotion in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects. When used over large areas or for a long period of time, LidaMantle HC lotion may affect the growth rate in CHILDREN and adolescents. Talk with your doctor to see if your child's growth will need to be checked while using LidaMantle HC lotion.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is unknown if LidaMantle HC lotion can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant while taking LidaMantle HC lotion, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using LidaMantle HC lotion during pregnancy. It is unknown if LidaMantle HC lotion is excreted in breast milk.
Possible side effects of LidaMantle HC lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Redness or swelling at the application site.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); persistent irritation or infection.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. LidaMantle HC lotion may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of LidaMantle HC lotion:
Store LidaMantle HC lotion at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat and light. Protect from freezing. Keep LidaMantle HC lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about LidaMantle HC lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- LidaMantle HC lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take LidaMantle HC lotion or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about LidaMantle HC lotion. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to LidaMantle HC lotion. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using LidaMantle HC lotion.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about LidaMantle HC (hydrocortisone / lidocaine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical anesthetics