Generic Name: lactobacillus (LACT-o-bah-sill-us)
Brand Name: Lactinex
Lactinex granules are used for:
Aiding digestion, preventing diarrhea, and alleviating symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Lactinex granules are a dietary supplement. It introduces "friendly bacteria" into the digestive tract, which helps many different conditions.
Do NOT use Lactinex granules if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Lactinex granules
- you are sensitive to milk or soy products
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Lactinex granules:
Some medical conditions may interact with Lactinex granules. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Lactinex granules. However, no specific interactions with Lactinex granules are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Lactinex granules may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Lactinex granules:
Use Lactinex granules as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- The contents of 1 packet of Lactinex granules should be added to cereal, food, or milk 3 or 4 times a day.
- If you miss a dose of Lactinex granules, take it as soon as you remember. Continue to take it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Lactinex granules.
Important safety information:
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Lactinex granules, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Lactinex granules during pregnancy. It is unknown if Lactinex granules are excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Lactinex granules, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Lactinex granules:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Lactinex granules:
Store Lactinex granules in the refrigerator, between 36 and 46 degrees F (2 and 8 degrees C). Do not freeze. Keep Lactinex granules out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Lactinex granules, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Lactinex granules are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Lactinex granules. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about lactobacillus acidophilus/lactobacillus bulgaricus
- Side Effects
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antidiarrheals