Kerol Redi Cloths
Generic Name: urea (ue-REE-a)
Brand Name: Kerol Redi Cloths
Kerol Redi Cloths is used for:
Treating dry, rough, scaly skin caused by certain conditions (eg, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, corns, calluses). It may also be used for certain other skin conditions as determined by your doctor.
Kerol Redi Cloths is a debriding agent. It works by helping the breakdown of dead skin, which helps to loosen and shed hard and scaly skin. It also softens and moisturizes the skin.
Do NOT use Kerol Redi Cloths if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Kerol Redi Cloths
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Kerol Redi Cloths:
Some medical conditions may interact with Kerol Redi Cloths. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if the affected area is broken or severely irritated
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Kerol Redi Cloths. Because little, if any, of Kerol Redi Cloths is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Kerol Redi Cloths may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Kerol Redi Cloths:
Use Kerol Redi Cloths as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash your hands immediately before and after using Kerol Redi Cloths unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Gently apply Kerol Redi Cloths to the affected skin as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Kerol Redi Cloths and you are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Kerol Redi Cloths.
Important safety information:
- Kerol Redi Cloths is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your lips. If you get Kerol Redi Cloths in your eyes, rinse them right away with cool water.
- Do not apply to broken or severely irritated skin.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not use Kerol Redi Cloths for other skin conditions at a later time.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Kerol Redi Cloths while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Kerol Redi Cloths, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Kerol Redi Cloths:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild, temporary burning, itching, irritation, or stinging.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); redness; severe or persistent burning or irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Kerol Redi Cloths:
Store Kerol Redi Cloths at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Kerol Redi Cloths out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Kerol Redi Cloths, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Kerol Redi Cloths is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Kerol Redi Cloths or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Kerol Redi Cloths. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Kerol Redi Cloths. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Kerol Redi Cloths.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Kerol Redi-Cloths (urea topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical emollients