Generic Name: Vitamins (Multiple/Injectable) (VYE ta mins, MUL ti pul/in JEK ti bal)
Brand Name: Infuvite Adult, Infuvite Pediatric, M.V.I. -12, M.V.I. Adult, M.V.I. Pediatric
Medically reviewed on Feb 13, 2019
Uses of Infuvite Pediatric:
- Vitamins are needed for growth and good health.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Infuvite Pediatric?
- If your child has an allergy to Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)) or any part of Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have too many vitamins in the body.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Infuvite Pediatric?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)).
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), talk with your doctor about which glucose tests are best to use.
- This medicine may affect how much of some other drugs are in your body. If you are taking other drugs, talk with your doctor. You may need to have your blood work checked more closely while taking Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)) with your other drugs.
- This medicine may contain aluminum. There is a chance of aluminum toxicity if you are on Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)) for a long time. The risk is greater if you have kidney problems. The risk is also higher in premature infants. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Infuvite Pediatric) best taken?
Use Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as an infusion into a vein over a period of time after being added to fluids.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Shortness of breath.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Blurred eyesight.
- Seeing double.
- Feeling agitated.
What are some other side effects of Infuvite Pediatric?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Infuvite Pediatric?
- If you need to store Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Infuvite Pediatric (vitamins (multiple/injectable)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Infuvite Pediatric (multivitamin)
- Infuvite Pediatric Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)