Hydro 35 foam
Generic Name: urea in lactic acid (ue-REE-a/LAK-tik AS-id)
Brand Name: Hydro 35
Hydro 35 foam is used for:
Treating dry, rough, scaly skin caused by certain conditions (eg, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, cracked skin, calluses). It may also be used for certain other skin or nail conditions as determined by your doctor.
Hydro 35 foam is a keratolytic. It works by helping the breakdown of dead skin, which helps to loosen and shed hard and scaly skin. It also softens and moisturizes the skin.
Do NOT use Hydro 35 foam if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Hydro 35 foam
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Hydro 35 foam:
Some medical conditions may interact with Hydro 35 foam. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if the affected area is broken or severely irritated
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Hydro 35 foam. Because little, if any, of Hydro 35 foam is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Hydro 35 foam may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Hydro 35 foam:
Use Hydro 35 foam as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash your hands immediately before and after using Hydro 35 foam unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Prime the container before the first use. To do this, point the container away from yourself and others. Hold it upright. Press down on the actuator for 3 to 5 seconds, or until foam begins to appear.
- Shake well before each use.
- To use Hydro 35 foam, hold the container upright. Apply Hydro 35 foam to the affected skin as directed by your doctor. Rub in gently until the medicine is completely absorbed.
- After you use Hydro 35 foam, wipe any excess foam off of the container.
- If you miss a dose of Hydro 35 foam and you are using it regularly, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hydro 35 foam.
Important safety information:
- Hydro 35 foam is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your lips. If you get Hydro 35 foam in your eyes, rinse them right away with cool water.
- Hydro 35 foam may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Do not apply to broken or severely irritated skin.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If you use topical products too often, your condition may become worse.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Do not use Hydro 35 foam for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Hydro 35 foam may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Hydro 35 foam. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Hydro 35 foam can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Hydro 35 foam while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Hydro 35 foam, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Hydro 35 foam:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild, temporary burning, itching, irritation, or stinging at the application site.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); redness; severe or persistent burning or irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Hydro 35 foam:
Store Hydro 35 foam at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Avoid temperatures above 120 degrees F (49 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store upright away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not puncture, break, or burn the canister even if it appears to be empty. Keep Hydro 35 foam out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Hydro 35 foam, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Hydro 35 foam is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Hydro 35 foam or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Hydro 35 foam. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Hydro 35 foam. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Hydro 35 foam.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.