Hyaluronate sodium cream
Generic Name: hyaluronate sodium (HYE-al-ure-ON-ate SOE-dee-um)
Brand Name: Bionect
Hyaluronate sodium cream is used for:
Protecting skin ulcers, wounds, incisions, irritations, and burns. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Hyaluronate sodium cream is a polysaccharide. It works by replacing a substance found in the skin.
Do NOT use hyaluronate sodium cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in hyaluronate sodium cream
Contact your doctor or health care provider immediately if any of these apply to you.
Before using hyaluronate sodium cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with hyaluronate sodium cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with hyaluronate sodium cream. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Certain disinfectants (eg, that contain ammonium salts) because they may decrease hyaluronate sodium cream's effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if hyaluronate sodium cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use hyaluronate sodium cream:
Use hyaluronate sodium cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash your hands before and after using hyaluronate sodium cream, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Clean the affected area as directed by your doctor.
- Apply a thin layer of the medicine to the affected area. Avoid excessive rubbing. Cover the area with a sterile gauze pad as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of hyaluronate sodium cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use hyaluronate sodium cream.
Important safety information:
- Hyaluronate sodium cream is for external use only. Do not get hyaluronate sodium cream in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse with cool water right away.
- Do not use hyaluronate sodium cream for other skin conditions at a later time.
- Do NOT use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using hyaluronate sodium cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use hyaluronate sodium cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of hyaluronate sodium cream:
Every medicine can cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with hyaluronate sodium cream. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); skin irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of hyaluronate sodium cream:
Store hyaluronate sodium cream at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not use hyaluronate sodium cream if it is expired. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep hyaluronate sodium cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about hyaluronate sodium cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Hyaluronate sodium cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take hyaluronate sodium cream or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about hyaluronate sodium cream. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to hyaluronate sodium cream. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using hyaluronate sodium cream.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about sodium hyaluronate topical
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- En Español
- 4 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents
- Glycyrrhetinic acid/povidone/sodium hyaluronate gel
- Sodium hyaluronate gel
- Sodium hyaluronate topical