Granisetron Oral Solution
Generic Name: Granisetron Oral Solution (gra NIS e tron)
Brand Name: Kytril
Uses of Granisetron Oral Solution:
- It is used to prevent upset stomach and throwing up.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Granisetron Oral Solution?
- If you have an allergy to granisetron or any other part of granisetron oral solution.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take granisetron oral solution with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Granisetron Oral Solution?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take granisetron oral solution. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using granisetron oral solution while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Granisetron Oral Solution) best taken?
Use granisetron oral solution as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with granisetron oral solution. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure granisetron oral solution.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Fever or chills.
- Sore throat.
- Trouble controlling body movements.
- Belly pain.
- Swelling of belly.
- A very bad and sometimes deadly health problem called serotonin syndrome may happen. The risk may be greater if you take granisetron oral solution with drugs for depression, migraines, or certain other drugs. Call your doctor right away if you have agitation; change in balance; confusion; hallucinations; fever; fast or abnormal heartbeat; flushing; muscle twitching or stiffness; seizures; shivering or shaking; sweating a lot; very bad diarrhea, upset stomach, or throwing up; or very bad headache.
What are some other side effects of Granisetron Oral Solution?
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Not able to sleep.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Granisetron Oral Solution?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from light.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about granisetron oral solution, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about granisetron
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 17 Reviews
- Drug class: 5HT3 receptor antagonists
- Granisetron injection
- Granisetron transdermal
- Granisetron Extended-Release Injection
- Granisetron Tablets
- ... +3 more