Generic Name: Cocaine (Topical) (koe KANE)
Brand Name: C-Topical, Goprelto, Numbrino
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 10, 2020.
- This medicine is not for use in the eyes. This medicine must not be given as a shot. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may be abused. It is habit-forming.
Uses of Goprelto:
- It is used to numb an area before a procedure.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Goprelto?
- If you have an allergy to cocaine or any other part of Goprelto (cocaine (topical)).
- If you are allergic to Goprelto (cocaine (topical)); any part of Goprelto (cocaine (topical)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have had any of these health problems: Chest pain (angina), diseased blood vessels in the heart, heart attack, heart failure, or high blood pressure.
- If you are taking disulfiram.
- If you are breast-feeding. Do not breast-feed for at least 48 hours after getting Goprelto (cocaine (topical)).
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Goprelto (cocaine (topical)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Goprelto (cocaine (topical)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Goprelto?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Goprelto (cocaine (topical)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may raise the chance of seizures in some people, including people who have had seizures in the past. Talk to your doctor to see if you have a greater chance of seizures while taking Goprelto (cocaine (topical)).
- Check blood pressure and heart rate as the doctor has told you.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take Goprelto (cocaine (topical)).
- If you are 65 or older, use Goprelto (cocaine (topical)) with care. You could have more side effects.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant. If you are pregnant or you get pregnant while taking Goprelto (cocaine (topical)), call your doctor right away.
How is this medicine (Goprelto) best taken?
Use Goprelto (cocaine (topical)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Your doctor will give Goprelto (cocaine (topical)).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood pressure like very bad headache or dizziness, passing out, or change in eyesight.
- Fast or slow heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Throwing up.
What are some other side effects of Goprelto?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Goprelto?
- If you need to store Goprelto (cocaine (topical)) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Goprelto (cocaine (topical)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about cocaine topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
Other brands: C-Topical Solution