GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine
Generic Name: Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream (NEE oh MYE sin/POL ee MIX in /pra MOX een)
Brand Name: Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief, CVS Antibiotic Plus, Double Antibiotic + Pain Relief, EQ Antibiotic + Pain Relief, EQL Antibiotic + Pain Relief, ...show all 12 brand names.GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine, Multi Antibiotic Plus, Neosporin Plus Pain Relief MS, RA Antibiotic Plus, SM Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief, TGT First Aid Antibiotic, TH Antibiotic + Pain Relief
Uses of GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine:
- It is used to treat or prevent skin infections.
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine?
- If you have an allergy to neomycin, polymyxin, pramoxine, or any other part of GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine (neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have a very bad burn or cut.
- If you have an animal bite or a deep puncture wound.
- If a large area needs to be treated.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- If signs get worse or last for more than 7 days, talk with the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Talk with the doctor before giving GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine to a child younger than 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine) best taken?
Use GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this medicine by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Wash affected skin and pat dry.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- The treatment area may be covered with a dressing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine.
Review Date: February 7, 2018
More about neomycin/polymyxin b/pramoxine topical
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antibiotics
Other brands: Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief