Generic Name: multivitamins with minerals/folic acid (muhl-tee-VYE-ta-mins/MIN-er-als/FOE-lik AS-id)
Brand Name: Examples include Glutofac-ZX and Folpace Rx
Folpace Rx is used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins, folic acid, or minerals. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Folpace Rx is a vitamin, folic acid, and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins, minerals, and folic acid to the body when you need more than what you get in your diet.
Do NOT use Folpace Rx if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Folpace Rx
- you have decreased liver or kidney function
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Folpace Rx:
Some medical conditions may interact with Folpace Rx. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of bowel problems (eg, a bowel blockage), a certain eye problem (Leber optic atrophy), certain blood disorders (eg, megaloblastic anemia, pernicious anemia), high blood calcium levels, kidney problems, kidney stones, liver problems, sarcoidosis, or parathyroid gland problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Folpace Rx. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or fluorouracil because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Folpace Rx
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or penicillamine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Folpace Rx
- Many other prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for infections, heart problems, high blood pressure, immune system suppression, cancer, low blood platelets, osteoporosis, thyroid problems, bladder problems, Parkinson disease, psoriasis, swelling, other conditions) may interact with Folpace Rx. This may increase the risk of side effects or decrease the effectiveness of your other medicines. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if any medicines you take may interact with Folpace Rx and how to take them with Folpace Rx
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Folpace Rx may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Folpace Rx:
Use Folpace Rx as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Folpace Rx by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Folpace Rx with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- If you miss a dose of Folpace Rx, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Folpace Rx.
Important safety information:
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) while you use Folpace Rx unless your doctor tells you to.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Folpace Rx before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Folpace Rx has many vitamins (eg, pyridoxine [vitamin B6], cyanocobalamin [vitamin B12], ascorbic acid [vitamin C], vitamin E), minerals (eg, zinc), and folic acid in it. Before you start any medicine, check the label to see if it has any vitamins, minerals, or folic acid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of taking Folpace Rx while you are pregnant. Folpace Rx is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you take Folpace Rx, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Folpace Rx:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Folpace Rx. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); decreased coordination; numbness or tingling of the skin; severe drowsiness, headaches, or nausea; severe or persistent constipation or diarrhea.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include bone pain; confusion; dark urine; diarrhea; fever; lower back or side pain; mental or mood changes; nausea, vomiting, or stomach cramps; sluggishness; unexplained skin or mouth sores; yellowing of the skin or eyes.Proper storage of Folpace Rx:
Store Folpace Rx at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Folpace Rx out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Folpace Rx, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Folpace Rx is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Folpace Rx or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Folpace Rx. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Folpace Rx. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Folpace Rx.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Folpace Rx (multivitamin with minerals)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations