Fleet Relief ointment
Generic Name: pramoxine (pra-MOX-een)
Brand Name: Examples include Fleet Relief and Tucks Hemorrhoidal
Fleet Relief ointment is used for:
Treating pain, soreness, burning, and itching of the anal area due to hemorrhoids and other anorectal disorders.
Fleet Relief ointment is a topical anesthetic. It works by blocking pain signals from the nerve endings in the skin, which helps relieve discomfort.
Do NOT use Fleet Relief ointment if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Fleet Relief ointment
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Fleet Relief ointment:
Some medical conditions may interact with Fleet Relief ointment. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Fleet Relief ointment. Because little, if any, of Fleet Relief ointment is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Fleet Relief ointment may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Fleet Relief ointment:
Use Fleet Relief ointment as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Fleet Relief ointment is for use around the rectal area only.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Fleet Relief ointment.
- Wash the affected area with soap and water, and gently pat dry.
- Apply Fleet Relief ointment according to the instructions on the container unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Fleet Relief ointment, apply it as soon as possible. If you do not remember until the next day, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Fleet Relief ointment.
Important safety information:
- If your symptoms do not improve within 7 days, or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Avoid getting Fleet Relief ointment in your eyes. If you get Fleet Relief ointment in your eyes, immediately flush them with cool tap water.
- Fleet Relief ointment is not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 12 years of age, except under the advice of a doctor. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Fleet Relief ointment during pregnancy. It is unknown if Fleet Relief ointment is excreted in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Fleet Relief ointment, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Fleet Relief ointment:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bleeding from the rectum; new or increasing redness, pain, swelling, irritation, or other symptoms.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Fleet Relief ointment may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Fleet Relief ointment:
Store in an upright position at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Fleet Relief ointment out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Fleet Relief ointment, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Fleet Relief ointment is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Fleet Relief ointment or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Fleet Relief ointment. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Fleet Relief ointment. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Fleet Relief ointment.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Fleet Pain Relief Pad (pramoxine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating