The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets
Generic Name: isradipine (iz-RA-di-peen)
Brand Name: DynaCirc CR
DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets are used for:
Treating high blood pressure. DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets may be used alone on in combination with other high blood pressure medications. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets are a calcium channel blocker. It works by dilating (widening) the arteries.
Do NOT use DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets or other dihydropyridines (eg, amlodipine)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets:
Some medical conditions may interact with DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure, ventricle problems, or a slow heartbeat), kidney or liver problems, or a history of low blood pressure, or you have recently had a heart attack
- if you have shock due to serious heart problems
- if you have narrowing of the stomach or intestines
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fentanyl because the risk of severe low blood pressure may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets:
Use DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- Taking DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to use DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets.
Important safety information:
- DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or lightheadedness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Patients who take medicine for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel "normal. "Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- You may notice the tablet shell in your stool. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Use DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets.
If you stop taking DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets suddenly, you may have WITHDRAWAL symptoms. These may include chest pain.
Possible side effects of DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; dizziness; flushing; headache; heartburn; lightheadedness; sinus infection; stomach upset; tiredness; weakness.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; hoarseness; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; chills, fever, or persistent sore throat; confusion; decreased urination; fast or irregular heartbeat; numbness of an arm or leg; numbness or tingling of the skin; shortness of breath; speech problems; sudden severe headache, dizziness, vomiting, or fainting; swelling of the feet or hands; tender, bleeding, or swollen gums.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include confusion; severe or persistent dizziness or drowsiness; slowed or irregular heartbeat; slurred speech; weakness.Proper storage of DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets:
Store DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using DynaCirc CR extended-release tablets.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.