Colace Microenema enema
Generic Name: docusate (DOK-yoo-sate)
Brand Name: Examples include Colace Microenema and Enemeez Mini
Colace Microenema enema is used for:
Treating constipation. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Colace Microenema enema is a stool softener. It works by adding water into the stool mass to soften the stool.
Do NOT use Colace Microenema enema if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Colace Microenema enema
- you have stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, or appendicitis
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Colace Microenema enema:
Some medical conditions may interact with Colace Microenema enema. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over a period of 2 weeks
- if you have rectal problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Colace Microenema enema. However, no specific interactions with Colace Microenema enema are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Colace Microenema enema may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Colace Microenema enema:
Use Colace Microenema enema as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Colace Microenema enema. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Do not use if you encounter resistance while using Colace Microenema enema. Attempting to force Colace Microenema enema may damage the rectum. Contact your doctor if you experience difficulty using Colace Microenema enema.
- If you miss a dose of Colace Microenema enema, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Colace Microenema enema.
Important safety information:
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than 1 week without checking with your doctor.
- If you overuse Colace Microenema enema, it may damage your bowel.
- Contact your doctor if you do not have a bowel movement after using Colace Microenema enema.
- Colace Microenema enema should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Colace Microenema enema while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Colace Microenema enema, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Colace Microenema enema:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Anal irritation; diarrhea; gas; nausea; stomach cramps.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); continuing constipation; dizziness; rectal bleeding; vomiting; weakness.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Colace Microenema enema may be harmful is swallowed.Proper storage of Colace Microenema enema:
Store Colace Microenema enema at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Colace Microenema enema out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Colace Microenema enema, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Colace Microenema enema is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Colace Microenema enema or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Colace Microenema enema. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Colace Microenema enema. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Colace Microenema enema.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Colace Micro-Enema (docusate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: laxatives