Generic Name: Ciclopirox Topical Solution Kit (SYE kloe PIR ox)
Brand Name: CNL8
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 30, 2020.
Uses of CNL8:
- It is used to treat some nail problems.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take CNL8?
- If you have an allergy to ciclopirox or any other part of CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit).
- If you are allergic to CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit); any part of CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take CNL8?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (CNL8) best taken?
Use CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Do not take CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit) by mouth. Use on your nails and the skin around your nails only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes.
- Read the package insert for more details.
- Use 8 hours before bathing.
- Use on nails and nail beds every day.
- Take off once weekly with rubbing alcohol.
- Do not use nail polish or other products on nails when using CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit).
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Irritation where CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit) is used.
- Blisters or sores.
- Oozing or bleeding.
What are some other side effects of CNL8?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Change in skin or finger nails.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out CNL8?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store nail solution in the original container after each use.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- Protect from light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about CNL8 (ciclopirox topical solution kit), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about CNL8 Nail (ciclopirox topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- En Español
- Drug class: topical antifungals