Clindacin Pac swab
Generic Name: clindamycin (KLIN-da-MYE-sin)
Brand Name: Clindacin Pac
Clindacin Pac swab is used for:
Treating acne. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Clindacin Pac swab is a kit containing a topical lincomycin antibiotic and a cleanser. The antibiotic works by killing the bacteria that causes acne. The cleanser helps to keep the skin clean.
Do NOT use Clindacin Pac swab if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Clindacin Pac swab or to lincomycin
- you have Crohn disease or a history of severe bowel problems (eg, enteritis, ulcerative colitis) or severe diarrhea caused by antibiotic use (eg, pseudomembranous colitis)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Clindacin Pac swab:
Some medical conditions may interact with Clindacin Pac swab. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have stomach or bowel problems or diarrhea
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Clindacin Pac swab. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Erythromycin because it may decrease Clindacin Pac swab's effectiveness
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Clindacin Pac swab may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Clindacin Pac swab:
Use Clindacin Pac swab as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Clindacin Pac swab kit contains a topical antibiotic pledget and a cleanser.
- To use the cleanser:
- Wet the skin. Pump the cleanser into your hands and gently massage it into the skin working it into a full lather. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a soft towel.
- To use the pledget:
- Remove the pledget from the jar just before use. Using a pledget, gently apply a thin film of medicine to the affected area. You may use more than 1 pledget if necessary to completely cover the affected area. Throw the pledget away after using. Wash your hands immediately after using Clindacin Pac swab.
- Use Clindacin Pac swab on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- Continue to use Clindacin Pac swab even if your condition improves. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Clindacin Pac swab, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Clindacin Pac swab.
Important safety information:
- Clindacin Pac swab is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes because burning or irritation can occur. If contact occurs with the eyes or sensitive areas (eg, scraped skin, nose, mouth), wash the area with cool tap water.
- Several weeks may pass before you see improvement in your acne. Continue using Clindacin Pac swab for the full time recommended by your doctor.
- Be sure to use Clindacin Pac swab for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your acne completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the acne harder to treat in the future.
- If severe diarrhea, stomach pain or cramping, or bloody stools develop during treatment or within several months after treatment with Clindacin Pac swab, check with your doctor or pharmacist right away. Do not treat it without first checking with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other topical acne medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Clindacin Pac swab before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Clindacin Pac swab should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Clindacin Pac swab while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk after topical use. Do not breast-feed while using Clindacin Pac swab.
Possible side effects of Clindacin Pac swab:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild burning, dryness, itching, redness, or peeling of the skin.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; inflamed hair follicles; severe or persistent diarrhea; skin swelling; stomach pain or cramps; severe or persistent burning, dryness, itching, redness, or peeling of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Clindacin Pac swab may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Clindacin Pac swab:
Store Clindacin Pac swab at room temperature, between 68 to 77 degrees F (20 to 25 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Protect from freezing. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Clindacin Pac swab out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Clindacin Pac swab, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Clindacin Pac swab is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Clindacin Pac swab or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Clindacin Pac swab. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Clindacin Pac swab. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your health care provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Clindacin Pac swab.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Clindacin PAC (clindamycin topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical acne agents