Cleanse and Treat Plus pads
Generic Name: benzoyl peroxide/salicylic acid (BEN-zoe-il per-OX-ide/SAL-i-SIL-ik AS-id)
Brand Name: Cleanse and Treat Plus
Cleanse and Treat Plus pads are used for:
Cleanse and Treat Plus pads are a keratolytic agent with antibacterial actions. It works by killing bacteria that cause acne. It also has mild drying and peeling activity on the skin. The emollient works by keeping the skin soft and decreasing irritation.
Do NOT use Cleanse and Treat Plus pads if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Cleanse and Treat Plus pads
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Cleanse and Treat Plus pads:
Some medical conditions may interact with Cleanse and Treat Plus pads. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cleanse and Treat Plus pads. However, no specific interactions with Cleanse and Treat Plus pads are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Cleanse and Treat Plus pads may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Cleanse and Treat Plus pads:
Use Cleanse and Treat Plus pads as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash the affected area with a mild cleanser and water before applying Cleanse and Treat Plus pads.
- Apply Cleanse and Treat Plus pads and cream in this kit as directed. Cover all the affected areas.
- Do not apply Cleanse and Treat Plus pads to raw, inflamed, damaged, or irritated skin, including sunburns. Do not apply to open wounds.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Cleanse and Treat Plus pads.
- If you miss a dose of Cleanse and Treat Plus pads, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cleanse and Treat Plus pads.
Important safety information:
- Cleanse and Treat Plus pads are for use on the skin only. Do not get Cleanse and Treat Plus pads in your eyes, on your eyelids or lips, or on the inside of your nose or mouth. If you get Cleanse and Treat Plus pads in your eyes, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- Avoid applying Cleanse and Treat Plus pads to raw or irritated skin, including sunburns, or to open wounds.
- Several weeks may pass before you see improvement in your acne. Continue to use Cleanse and Treat Plus pads for the full time recommended by your doctor. If your acne does not improve or if it gets worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines, special cleansers, aftershave, or cosmetics on your skin.
- Cleanse and Treat Plus pads may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Cleanse and Treat Plus pads. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Cleanse and Treat Plus pads may cause bleaching. Avoid contact with hair, fabrics, or carpeting.
- Cleanse and Treat Plus pads has a salicylate in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a salicylate in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Cleanse and Treat Plus pads should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Cleanse and Treat Plus pads can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Cleanse and Treat Plus pads while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Cleanse and Treat Plus pads, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Cleanse and Treat Plus pads:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Dryness; feeling of warmth; mild irritation, itching, peeling, redness, or stinging.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; dizziness; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); excessive burning, itching, irritation, peeling, redness, or tenderness of your skin; extreme dryness; swelling.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include deep or rapid breathing; excessive scaling; redness; ringing in the ears or hearing loss; severe dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; swelling.Proper storage of Cleanse and Treat Plus pads:
Store at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store in a tightly closed container, away from heat and light. Do not freeze. Keep Cleanse and Treat Plus pads out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Cleanse and Treat Plus pads, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cleanse and Treat Plus pads are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Cleanse and Treat Plus pads. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.