Generic Name: zinc undecylenate (zink un-deh-sil-EN-ate)
Brand Name: Blis-To-Sol
Blis-To-Sol powder is used for:
Treating athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Blis-To-Sol powder is an antifungal. It works by preventing fungal growth.
Do NOT use Blis-To-Sol powder if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Blis-To-Sol powder
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Blis-To-Sol powder:
Some medical conditions may interact with Blis-To-Sol powder. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diabetes or blood vessel problems in your arms or legs
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Blis-To-Sol powder. Because little, if any, of Blis-To-Sol powder is absorbed into the blood, the risk of interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Blis-To-Sol powder may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Blis-To-Sol powder:
Use Blis-To-Sol powder as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Blis-To-Sol powder is for external use only. Do not get Blis-To-Sol powder in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get Blis-To-Sol powder in your eyes, rinse immediately with cool tap water.
- Wash your hands immediately before and after using Blis-To-Sol powder.
- Wash and completely dry the affected area.
- Shake a thin layer of medicine over the entire affected area. For athlete's foot, pay special attention to the spaces between the toes.
- Do not cover with a bandage or dressing unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Blis-To-Sol powder, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Blis-To-Sol powder.
Important safety information:
- If your symptoms do not improve within 4 weeks for athlete's foot or ringworm or 2 weeks for jock itch, or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- For athlete's foot, it may be helpful to wear well-fitting, well-ventilated shoes and to change shoes and socks at least once daily.
- Do not use Blis-To-Sol powder on the scalp or the nails. It is not effective on these areas.
- Do not use Blis-To-Sol powder on blistered or oozing skin or over deep puncture wounds.
- It is important to use Blis-To-Sol powder for the full course of treatment. Failure to do so may decrease the effectiveness of Blis-To-Sol powder and may increase the risk that the fungus will no longer be sensitive to Blis-To-Sol powder and will not be able to be treated by this or certain other antifungals in the future.
- Overuse of topical products may worsen your condition.
- Blis-To-Sol powder may be harmful if swallowed. If you or someone you know may have taken Blis-To-Sol powder by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- Supervise CHILDREN younger than 12 years of age who are using Blis-To-Sol powder.
- Blis-To-Sol powder is not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 2 years of age without first checking with your doctor. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Blis-To-Sol powder during pregnancy. It is unknown if Blis-To-Sol powder is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Blis-To-Sol powder, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Blis-To-Sol powder:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blistering, burning, itching, peeling, swelling, or reddening of your skin not present when you began using Blis-To-Sol powder.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Blis-To-Sol powder may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Blis-To-Sol powder:
Store Blis-To-Sol powder at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Blis-To-Sol powder out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Blis-To-Sol powder, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Blis-To-Sol powder is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Blis-To-Sol powder or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Blis-To-Sol powder. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Blis-To-Sol powder. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Blis-To-Sol powder.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.