Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit
Generic name: Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit (BEN zoe il peer OKS ide)
Brand name: AcneFree Severe Clearing System
Drug class: Topical acne agents
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 16, 2020.
Uses of Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit:
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit?
- If you have an allergy to benzoyl peroxide or any other part of benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit.
- If you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit; any part of benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have very sensitive skin.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause very bad and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or very bad irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit as you were told by the doctor or read the package label. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not put on sunburned skin.
- Do not leave benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit on the skin longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Use of other skin products while using benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit may cause more irritation.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- Use care when putting on. It may bleach hair or colored fabric.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit) best taken?
Use benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If you get benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit in any of these areas, rinse well with water.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Makeup may be used after the skin has dried.
- If you see benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit or white marks on your skin after you put it on, you may be using too much.
- It may take several weeks to see the full effects.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Shake well before use.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Rinse well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Dry skin.
- Skin irritation.
- Feeling of warmth.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Lotion Kit?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from light.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about benzoyl peroxide wash and lotion kit, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Frequently asked questions
More about benzoyl peroxide topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 50 Reviews
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- Drug Information
- Benzoyl peroxide Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Benzoyl Peroxide Pads with Vitamin E Capsules
- Benzoyl Peroxide Bar
- Benzoyl Peroxide Cloths
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.