Uses of Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol:
- It is used to ease allergy signs.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol?
- If you have an allergy to beclomethasone or any other part of beclomethasone nasal aerosol.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have a nose infection.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with beclomethasone nasal aerosol.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take beclomethasone nasal aerosol with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take beclomethasone nasal aerosol. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- It may take a few weeks to see the full effect.
- Long-term use may raise the chance of cataracts or glaucoma. Talk with the doctor.
- Have an eye exam as you have been told by your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor if you come into contact with anyone who has chickenpox or measles and you have not had chickenpox, measles, or the vaccines for them.
- If you have had any recent nose surgery, injury, ulcers, or sores, talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may affect growth in children and teens in some cases. They may need regular growth checks. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using beclomethasone nasal aerosol while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol) best taken?
Use beclomethasone nasal aerosol as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Do not take beclomethasone nasal aerosol by mouth. Use in your nose only. Keep out of your mouth and eyes (may burn).
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- Some products may have different ways to prime the pump. Some pumps may also need to be primed if not used for different periods of time. Follow how and when to prime as you have been told.
- Shake well before use.
- Blow your nose before use.
- Close 1 nostril.
- Tilt your head forward a little.
- Put nose spray tube into other nostril.
- While breathing in through the nose, press down once to release spray.
- Breathe out from your mouth.
- Spray up the nose only. Do not spray onto the wall joining the two nostrils.
- Check your spray use with your doctor at each visit. Read and follow the facts on how to use the spray. Make sure you use the spray the right way.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of a weak adrenal gland like a very bad upset stomach or throwing up, very bad dizziness or passing out, muscle weakness, feeling very tired, mood changes, not hungry, or weight loss.
- Signs of infection like fever, chills, very bad sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, more sputum or change in color of sputum, pain with passing urine, mouth sores, or wound that will not heal.
- Very bad nose irritation.
- Nose sores.
- Whistling sound when you breathe.
- Redness or white patches in mouth or throat.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Beclomethasone Nasal Aerosol?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Protect from heat or open flame. Do not puncture or burn even if it seems empty.
- Throw away when actuator says zero.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about beclomethasone nasal aerosol, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take beclomethasone nasal aerosol or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about beclomethasone nasal aerosol. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to beclomethasone nasal aerosol. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using beclomethasone nasal aerosol.
Review Date: March 7, 2018
More about beclomethasone nasal
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- En Español
- 16 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: nasal steroids