The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Generic Name: folic acid/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/omega-3 acids/phytosterols (FOE-lik AS-id/VYE-ta-min/oh-MAY-ga 3 AS-ids/fi-to-STER-ols)
Brand Name: Animi-3
Animi-3 is used for:
A dietary supplement. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Animi-3 is a vitamin, folic acid, omega-3 acid, and phytosterol combination. It works by providing vitamins, folic acid, and essential fatty acids to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Animi-3 if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Animi-3
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Animi-3:
Some medical conditions may interact with Animi-3. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have anemia (eg, pernicious anemia)
- if you are receiving dialysis
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Animi-3. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fluorouracil because the risks of its side effects may be increased by Animi-3
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or levodopa because their effectiveness may be decreased by Animi-3
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Animi-3 may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Animi-3:
Use Animi-3 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Animi-3 by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Take Animi-3 with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- If you miss a dose of Animi-3, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Animi-3.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) while you use Animi-3 unless your doctor tells you to.
- Animi-3 has pyridoxine (vitamin B6), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), and folic acid in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has pyridoxine, cyanocobalamin, or folic acid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Animi-3 may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Animi-3.
- Animi-3 should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Animi-3 while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Animi-3, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Animi-3:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); feeling of swelling of the entire body; numbness or tingling of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Animi-3:
Store Animi-3 at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Animi-3 out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Animi-3, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Animi-3 is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Animi-3 or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Animi-3. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Animi-3. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Animi-3.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.