Generic Name: amino acids/sodium propionate/urea cervical (uh-MEE-no AS-ids/SO-dee-uhm PRO-pee-oh-nate/you-REE-ah)
Brand Name: Amino-Cerv
Amino-Cerv cream is used for:
Treating inflammation or injury of the cervix. It is usually used after childbirth or certain medical procedures. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Amino-Cerv cream is an amino acid, antifungal, and urea combination. The amino acids help wounds to heal. They also help to increase cell growth. Sodium propionate kills sensitive fungi. Urea helps to break down dead tissue. It also increases new tissue growth.
Do NOT use Amino-Cerv cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Amino-Cerv cream
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Amino-Cerv cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Amino-Cerv cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparations, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Amino-Cerv cream. Because little, if any, of Amino-Cerv cream is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Amino-Cerv cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Amino-Cerv cream:
Use Amino-Cerv cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Amino-Cerv cream.
- Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Use Amino-Cerv cream before going to bed unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you are wearing a pessary, remove it before you use Amino-Cerv cream.
- Do not tape over the pinhole on the top of the bulb on the applicator.
- To use Amino-Cerv cream, attach the applicator to the tube. Squeeze the tube from the bottom until the medicine reaches the correct dose mark on the applicator.
- Detach the applicator from the tube. Insert it 3 4 inch into the vagina. Do NOT insert it all the way into the vagina.
- Squeeze the bulb firmly once. This will deposit the cream into the vagina. Do not release the bulb until you have removed the applicator from the vagina.
- Clean the applicator right away. Hold it under water and flush it (squeeze the bulb) several times. Wipe the threads of the tube and the inside of the cap. Recap the tube tightly.
- Do not use other feminine sprays or vaginal or cervical medicines. They may interact with Amino-Cerv cream.
- If you miss a dose of Amino-Cerv cream, use it as soon as possible. If you do not remember until the next day, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Amino-Cerv cream.
Important safety information:
- Amino-Cerv cream is for vaginal use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in your eyes, rinse at once with cool water.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Amino-Cerv cream while you are pregnant. It is unknown if Amino-Cerv cream is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Amino-Cerv cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Amino-Cerv cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Amino-Cerv cream. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Amino-Cerv cream:
Store Amino-Cerv cream at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Amino-Cerv cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Amino-Cerv cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Amino-Cerv cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Amino-Cerv cream. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.